Friday, September 14, 2012

Some BLOGGING GUIDELINES I may or may not observe or even remember



Jul 1, '08 5:29 AM
for everyone
Here are a few blogging guidelines I have devised, no, not rules but guidelines.  Rules are meant to be broken;  guidelines are meant to be forgotten.
 1.  My blog is not meant to be an encyclical.  It is merely a whimsical, random, and/or spontaneous expression of a personal opinion, feelings or experience on any subject.  It is not meant to convince or to persuade, to criticize nor to polarize.
 2.  I will try to deal with and stay on the micro side.  It is all I can handle.  If I want the whole world to hear, I will write to CNN or BBC.
    3.  At my age, it is too late to launch a crusade. Anyway, that was the worst of  times in  Church history.
 4.  As much as I can help it, I’ll steer clear of politics.  That’s somebody else’s career, not mine.
 5.  I will try to state my case clearly and soberly.   After all, I’m talking only to a handful of people, or maybe to myself.
 6.  I will avoid repeating myself.   Instead, I will move on.  Maybe someone will appreciate or get my point … eventually.
 7.  In case of an honest disagreement or difference of opinion, I will let the reader have the last word.
 8.  I am grateful to have at least a few readers.  I will listen to them and respect their opinion, and tell them so.
 9.  Let’s face it, I will have a tendency to take it easy or take my time.  This is an avocation, not a profession.
10.  I will avoid talking about or taking any issue seriously.  In another 100 years, people will think a blog is an amoeba.
The reader is free to suggest or add any more guidelines ... which I may or may not ...

viagba wrote on Jul 1, '08
I'm positive you'll observe all of your above rules - or whatever you want to call them - more in the breach...And then attribute that to the Alzheimer's!

jeemsdee wrote on Jul 1, '08
Kuya, the whole trouble is that you know me only to well. Indeed, a prophet is without honor in his own homeland and among his relatives. Mt. 13:57; Mk. 6:4;Lk.4:24; Jn.4:44.But I'll let you have the last word.

xvdph wrote on Jul 1, '08
wag kayo mag away ha!

lukeabaya wrote on Jul 2, '08
JimmyDee, I am really impress; whenever you make a point you can quote the correct passage in the bible. Are you preparing to be an evangelical preacher soon, not a bad third or fourth career, you have insightful and inspired ideas to begin with.

jeemsdee wrote on Jul 2, '08
tnx, kuya, ur supportive comments are most appreciated. when one is talking to the great viagba, one better be prepared to cite some supreme authorities. I got tired citing American Jurisprudence, 3rd Ed. Agn, I'll let him have the last word. tnx rgards

viagba wrote on Jul 2, '08, edited on Jul 4, '08
Lukas/James Deen:

On a more serious vein, in the distilling of these exchanges there HAS to result a brew that will give fire to our bellies - still - so that we can persevere to create the world of our imaginings IN AETERNUM (since we have so little of this time left!). Ay, hanggang sa walang hangan, pala, prof!

jeemsdee wrote on Jul 2, '08
A call to arms, if I ever heard one. Repent, the end is nigh. It would seem that the KUYA wants us to start thinking seriously about saecula saeculorum et ad vitam aeternam. It behooves us all to listen. He has the last word.

paga65 wrote on Sep 13, '08
Kuya, mukhang may mga tatamaan sa mga guidelines mo. Nagiintriga lang po.

jeemsdee wrote on Sep 13, '08
paga65 said
Kuya, mukhang may mga tatamaan sa mga guidelines mo. Nagiintriga lang po. 
PAGA - I can assure you, I was thinking only of myself when I devised these guidelines for my own personal direction. In the meantime, I have managed to add about 10 more which I might share with you sometime. Warm personal regards.

paga65 wrote on Sep 14, '08
Kuya, as mentioned, akin lang po yung pagintriga.It makes the message of humility more hard hitting, at least more spicy. Or does that violate the message itself. sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment